Quick facts: What is it?
(GM) script for Firefox
(FF) (and some other browsers like Opera) to improve my usage of deviantART: shorten page titles, add a navigation bar and remove link obfuscation. Historyv.1.7
- 2010/05/30 - Adapt to dA v.7. Removed Move reply area as they did that already!v.1.6
- 2009/10/21 - Remove link obfuscation ("outgoing link").v.1.5.3
- 2008/11/21 - Centered the Move reply area button.v.1.5.2
- 2008/11/11 - Fixed anchoring to dock, again...v.1.5.1
- 2008/08/06 - Bug fix.v.1.5
- 2008/08/05 - Button to move reply area.v.1.4
- 2007/11/12 - Added the jump to ID, support of v.6 as well as v.5 (in time of beta test of v.6).v.1.3
- 2007/12/04 - Modularized, added links to uncomment.v.1.2
- 2007/11/12 - Changed the Gallery link to a combobox with lot of links!v.1.1
- 2007/07/04 - Add the Gallery link.v.1.0
- 2007/06/27 - Creation for titles. How to use
See my Information on Greasemonkey scripts
journal entry for all needed information!
(Mmm, now I must compress the file to submit it...
Just add "unzip the file" to the start of the instructions!)
For fast, easier installation, you can go to the corresponding UserScripts.org
Unlike my other scripts, this one is born out of my own needs!
It does currently three things, but might grow depending on the little needs I find.
As the history shows out, I had it for quite some time. A recent request (the move reply area) and the DD motivated me to make it public at least, just before my holidays...
Note: some features can exist in other scripts, probably better, I just made them my way...
Remove the "deviantART" title prefix: the favicon is enough for tab identification...
If you have lot of tabs in Firefox, having a title shortened to the essential information at the start is important!
Add a combobox in the account bar allowing to quickly jump to various parts of the account, or dA or actually anywhere (eg. the site holding your CSS images)!
You can edit the list (var links) below to add, remove or change the addresses.
/!\ Beware, the combobox replaces the Upgrade Now link (I know I can subscribe and how to do it!), so I don't know if it works on subscribed users.
If not, either give me code to add to fix that... or buy me a short sub!
Also add a text area after the combo box: if you type a number and hit Return, you will jump to the deviation whose ID you provided. Idem if typing d:<deviation ID>.
If you type a string, jumps to the deviant whose name you gave. Idem if typing D:<deviant name> which is useful for names like 1 or 666...
You can use other prefixes:
- With a deviant name, use j: to jump to their journal, g: for their gallery and f: for their favourites.
- With a numerical ID, use n: to jump to a news article and F: for a FAQ entry.
I remove the link obfuscation, ie. if you click on a link in a comment in dA, you go directly there without an intermediary dA page!
All features can be deactivated, by changing in the script the lines below those starting with
Read these comments for instructions.