Quick facts: What is it?
(GM) script for Firefox
(FF) to ease the dispatching of friends into groups. Also adds sorting of columns (grouping unchecked items on top) by clicking on the title of the column. Historyv.1.5
- 2008/04/18 (PL) -- As suggested, moves up the Update buttonv.1.4
- 2008/01/19 - OK, so (un)check all is outdated, remove it!v.1.3
- 2008/01/16 - Changes to cope with the new look of the list.v.1.2
- 2007/12/11 - After suggestion by `b0x0rz
, I added the sort feature, and another suggestion made me add the Check all/Uncheck all features.
I also renamed from Deviants - Friends - combo box
- 2007/11/05 - After another thread in the suggestion forum, I change the title from "Friends List" to "87 Friends". Of course, the number is the real count of your
- 2007/07/04 - Creation. How to use
See my Information on Greasemonkey scripts
journal entry for all needed information!
For fast, easier installation, you can go to the corresponding UserScripts.org
In the suggestion forum, I saw the Drag and Drop Friends
request, to ease the dispatching of friends into groups.
I had the idea to write a little Greasemonkey script to help a bit.
So, what do my script does? The screenshot says it all: it adds a combo box below the Username field, filled with the list of friends found on the page. If you select one friend, its name goes to the Username field. That's all.
Not much, but it avoids typing, and no more typos!
And if you click on the title of one column of check boxes (not the name column!), the unchecked boxes are bubbled up to the top of the column, allowing to see at a glance who have been forgotten.
I also moved the Update button on top, it seems easier for people... Or perhaps I should duplicate it? Or make this feature optional.